Industrial and Manufacturing
Does your business not fit into the common retail, food, office operations? You may be considered a Categorical or Significant Industrial User descriptions. These are businesses that contain operations that have potential to disrupt the treatment plants ability to discharge clean water into the Snake River. Please read below to determine if you are, or planning to operate a business as described.
Categorical Users of the sewer system have additional regulations under the Clean Water Act. If your facility partakes in any of the following you may be considered a Categorical User.
- Aluminum forming - 40 CFR 467
- Metal foundries - 40 CFR 464
- Battery manufacturing - 40 CFR 461
- Nonferrous metal manufacturing - 40 CFR 421
- Coil coating - 40 CFR 465
- Pesticide manufacturing - FIFRA- 40 CFR 455
- Copper forming - 40 CFR 468
- Petroleum refining - 40 CFR 419
- Electrical/electronic components - 40 CFR 469
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing - 40 CFR 439
- Electroplating - 40 CFR 413
- Circuit board manufacturing - 40 CFR 469 Subpart A
- Porcelain enameling - 40 CFR 466
- Iron/steel manufacturing - 40 CFR 420
- Pulp/paper mills - 40 CFR 430
- Leather tanning finishing - 40 CFR 425
- Wood preserving - 40 CFR 429
- Metal finishing - 40 CFR 433
- Inorganic chemical manufacturing - 40 CFR 415
- Centralized waste treatment - 40 CFR 437
If you are currently discharging to the City please notify us immediately so that you can be permitted. If you plan to operate a business that conducts some of the above activities, you will need to turn in a completed Data Disclosure Form (DDF) to the City 90 days prior to operation. Click here to download a copy.
Significant Industrial User (SIU)
A Significant Industrial User is defined as:
- An industrial user subject to Categorical Pretreatment Standards under 40CFR (Code of Federal Regulations), 403.6 and 40 CFR, Chapter I, subchapter N. Any industry that falls under these categories is considered a SIU whether it has process discharge to the sewer or not. These industries are Categorical Industrial Users (CIUs)
- Any industry which discharges an average of 25,000 gallons per day or more of process wastewater to the sewer system (excluding sanitary, contact cooling and boiler blowdown wastewater)
- Any Industry which is designated as such by the City of Blackfoot on the basis that the industrial user has a reasonable potential for adversely affecting the operation of the collection system or treatment plant, or violating any pretreatment requirement.
If you are currently discharging to the City and meet any one of the three definitions, please notify us immediately so that you can be permitted. If you plan to operate a business that meets any one of the above definitions, you will need to turn in a completed Data Disclosure Form (DDF) to the City 90 days prior to operation. Click here to download a copy.
Wastewater - SewerPhysical Address
2025 Riverton Road
Blackfoot, ID 83221
Blackfoot, ID 83221
6 AM - 4:30 PM Monday through Friday
After Hours Emergencies call 208-785-1234
Rex MoffatWastewater Superintendent
Brian BatesWastewater Collections Supervisor
Eric HadleyWastewater Plant Supervisor
Brian DonovanPretreatment Coordinator